Benefits of C++ over C Language
The major difference being OOPS concept, C++ is an object oriented language whereas C language is a procedural language. Apart form this there are many other features of C++ which gives this language an upper hand on C language.
Following features of C++ makes it a stronger language than C,
- C++ is object oriented and it is related to real world objects, while C is procedural oriented so it focus on procedure.
- C++ can also use call by reference value while we can only simulate call by reference using pointer in C.
- C++ follow bottom to top approach while C use top to bottom.
- C++ have class while C only have structures.
- C++ is private by default due to data abstraction.
- C++ use inheritance while C does not.
- Overloading is allowed in C++, but does not allowed in C.
- Exception Handling is allowed in C++, but does not allowed in C.
- C++ earlier name is C with classes but Dennis Ritchie who is creator of C, renames C with classes to C++, because in C++ it allows increment(++) and decrement(- -) operators while C doesn’t allow. It goes with conventional methods.
- C++ is a highly portable language and is often the language of choice for multi-device, multi-platform apps development.