Benefits of C++ over C Language
The major difference being OOPS concept, C++ is an object oriented language whereas C language is a procedural language. Apart form this there are many other features of C++ which gives this language an upper hand on C laguage.
Following features of C++ makes it a stronger language than C,
- There is Stronger Type Checking in C++.
- All the OOPS features in C++ like Abstraction, Encapsulation, Inheritance etc makes it more worthy and useful for programmers.
- C++ supports and allows user defined operators (i.e Operator Overloading) and function overloading is also supported in it.
- Exception Handling is there in C++.
- The Concept of Virtual functions and also Constructors and Destructors for Objects.
- Inline Functions in C++ instead of Macros in C language. Inline functions make complete function body act like Macro, safely.
- Variables can be declared anywhere in the program in C++, but must be declared before they are used.